Thursday, November 09, 2006

Life is going pretty good right now! I am so excited!

So yesterday, in CA 160, I had to make the most disgusting soup you have ever eaten. Some of you may beg to differ with me, but I hated it. It took forever too! It was French Onion. I had to saute' the onions for like a half an hr, that is what the recipe said, but mine was like 45 min., until they are carmelized to a rich dark brown color (no, that does not mean burnt). Then after that, I had to let it simmer in beef broth for another half an hr. My partner put way too much thyme in it, so it tasted gross. We passed, but I don't think we should have. LOL!

Today in my International Foods class, we are doing Mexico and Central America. I am so excited! Food that I recognize! I will be making the tacos. It should be a ton of fun!

Not this coming Saturday, but the next, I am doing my big dinner thing for my class! I am so nervous! I went out and bought napkins and a tablecloth for it. The real thing. Plus I bought candles and flowers for the center pieces. It has to be a "formal" dinner for 6 people, from a specific country. I am doing Italy. I am excited, but way, extremely nervous about how everything will turn out! I have to document it with pictures and comments from my guests, so I will have to post pics on here after it all goes down!

This weekend I want to go out and do something fun! I suppose I will have to think and work on that! Any suggestions?

So, I have gotten really behind on this "today I am thankful for..." thing. I am not sure what I am thankful for yet today, but yesterday, I was thankful for "fun day" in my swimming class! I had eaten a banana and drank orange juice before class, so one of the two, or maybe both, had given me a stomachache. Anyway, I get to class, kind dreading it, and find out that it was play day! All I did was teach a few of my classmates how to dive, and do flip turns. Oh yah, and I was beaten with a guard tube by Alex, but that is beside the point. All in all, in the water, it was a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

yay for play days!! well lets see glad things are going well, its cool that you can cook. what a trophy you are :)
maybe we will see you on sunday? good luck poo face

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:BROKEN (by Lindsey Haun)

Music Video Code provided by Video Code Zone