La da de da
I realized this morning, that I have been slacking on writing here... I wanted to be able to post at least something each day so that I could accomplish even a tiny unimportant goal... turns out I suck at goal setting and keeping... Oh well... I am not entirely sure what I am gonna say in this post...
Went to church today... of course, because it is Sunday... I don't particularly like going to church. I like Sacrament Meeting, but sometimes I don't know why I even bother to go to Sunday School and Relief Society. In a Singles Ward it seems like all we are told is that we are here to get married and that is that... it gets old, and frustrating... Don't worry, I am not going inactive or anything, I just feel like we need to be taught more important things... In my ward, I continually feel out of place... We had a munch-n-mingle today after church... I passed with a 50%... I munched... I know that I need to be more outgoing and all, but I don't feel all that comfortable in my ward... I don't seem to fit in... I hate going to FHE because I feel as though my "family" could care less if I were there or not... Maybe I am being stupid... Does anyone ever feel this way, or is it just me?
Today in Fast and Testimony meeting, the underlying topic seemed to be the Priesthood. I realized that even though I may think it is small sometimes, I really do have a great testimony of its truth and greatness. I have been going through kind of a frustrating time right now, but recently asked for and received a blessing. At first I didn't think that the reason I was asking was good enough. You know how some things just seem stupid and so you figure that even if you received a blessing, it might not even help? I realized that is what Satan wants us to think. I am the type of person who likes others to make decisions for me. Well, most of the time. Anyway, in my blessing I received an answer. It wasn't at all what I was expecting. I was expecting either a definite YES, or NO. Instead, I was told that the decisions that I am facing right now, are preparing me for greater decisions that I will be facing sometime in the future. I can ask my friends, and my family for advice, for they will always be there for me, but ultimately, it is MY DECISION. No one else can make my life what it needs to be. Through that little answer I realized that my Heavenly Father truly knows me. He knows who I am, and what I need to learn. Through that Priesthood blessing I learned that even though it may seem small, I need to ask, and give Priesthood holders that opportunity to use that great gift that they hold.
Kinda bummed right now... I was looking forward to going to Salt Lake the weekend before Thanksgiving. My mom was supposed to fly out early, because my little sister has to have surgery on her ear, but plans have now changed and she is just going to come over the day before with the rest of the family. I really wanted to get out of Rexburg... and relax a little. Oh well. Plus, since I am taking time off because they are coming, I don't think I will be able to take time off to go home for Christmas. I will be spending Christmas and New Years by myself. Joy, Joy.
Wow, this post is depressing... but I can't think of anything great to say...
Went to church today... of course, because it is Sunday... I don't particularly like going to church. I like Sacrament Meeting, but sometimes I don't know why I even bother to go to Sunday School and Relief Society. In a Singles Ward it seems like all we are told is that we are here to get married and that is that... it gets old, and frustrating... Don't worry, I am not going inactive or anything, I just feel like we need to be taught more important things... In my ward, I continually feel out of place... We had a munch-n-mingle today after church... I passed with a 50%... I munched... I know that I need to be more outgoing and all, but I don't feel all that comfortable in my ward... I don't seem to fit in... I hate going to FHE because I feel as though my "family" could care less if I were there or not... Maybe I am being stupid... Does anyone ever feel this way, or is it just me?
Today in Fast and Testimony meeting, the underlying topic seemed to be the Priesthood. I realized that even though I may think it is small sometimes, I really do have a great testimony of its truth and greatness. I have been going through kind of a frustrating time right now, but recently asked for and received a blessing. At first I didn't think that the reason I was asking was good enough. You know how some things just seem stupid and so you figure that even if you received a blessing, it might not even help? I realized that is what Satan wants us to think. I am the type of person who likes others to make decisions for me. Well, most of the time. Anyway, in my blessing I received an answer. It wasn't at all what I was expecting. I was expecting either a definite YES, or NO. Instead, I was told that the decisions that I am facing right now, are preparing me for greater decisions that I will be facing sometime in the future. I can ask my friends, and my family for advice, for they will always be there for me, but ultimately, it is MY DECISION. No one else can make my life what it needs to be. Through that little answer I realized that my Heavenly Father truly knows me. He knows who I am, and what I need to learn. Through that Priesthood blessing I learned that even though it may seem small, I need to ask, and give Priesthood holders that opportunity to use that great gift that they hold.
Kinda bummed right now... I was looking forward to going to Salt Lake the weekend before Thanksgiving. My mom was supposed to fly out early, because my little sister has to have surgery on her ear, but plans have now changed and she is just going to come over the day before with the rest of the family. I really wanted to get out of Rexburg... and relax a little. Oh well. Plus, since I am taking time off because they are coming, I don't think I will be able to take time off to go home for Christmas. I will be spending Christmas and New Years by myself. Joy, Joy.
Wow, this post is depressing... but I can't think of anything great to say...

1 Comments:
hey rachel- i really liked your post about the preisthood. that is really cool. but you shouldnt feel so bad about your ward. there will always be times when you feel out of place and like you dont fit in and cant be yourself. its just a part of life! and by the way- teaching about marriage IS important :) its annoying, yes, but ultimately, think about where it fits into the plan of happiness...its pretty far up there. good luck though, email me, i like your emails!
Post a Comment
<< Home