Thursday, February 15, 2007

My poor little hometown--Stevenson, WA

My mom told me to visit the news station website to view a video of what is going on in my hometown. Man, I thought it rained a lot there, but never dreamed that this would ever really happen in Stevenson. The house that they talk about in the videos/story belongs to the LaCombes'. Mr. LaCombe is the Highschools woodshop teacher, as well as my advocacy leader when I was in highschool. His wife is a kindergarden teacher. I taught his little boys in swimming lessons. WOW! This is insane. They never had any idea that this would even happen. What sucks is, their insurance covers everything but... landslide/mudslide. How completely random. It is a beautiful home. Last year they found that the house was on the move. Now they have been forced to evacuate.


http://www.katu.com/news/5835511.html

http://www.katu.com/news/5849976.html

1 Comments:

Blogger j:) said...

Wow Rachel that's crazy! Those poor people. I hate being scared of natural disaster. Are you glad you're not there right now? We missed you at the game. It was soo intense. I was into the whole thing.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:BROKEN (by Lindsey Haun)

Music Video Code provided by Video Code Zone