THANKS: "to express gratitude, appreciation, or acknowledgment to, expressed by words or otherwise"
Today is Thanksgiving 2006. Watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, made cheese ball, and drove to IF for the great big feast! My family drove in from WA, and we finally were able to let a big secret off our chests! My nephew was dressed, adorably, in a "BIG BROTHER" t-shirt.
Yes, that's right... I can finally post it on here... I am gonna be a "double aunt"! I am way excited! The day went wonderfully well. Good food, good company, good memories.
Thanksgiving is such a great day. I really have a lot to be thankful for. Life is full of wonderful little presents, gifts as you might call them. Some of them are gigantic, and others are small, yet mean so much! Some, we can see, and look so beautiful all wrapped up, but for some reason, we can't open them, yet. The ones that I have received and opened so far are so dear to me.
Being Thanksgiving and all, I try reflect on all that I have been given. I have a wonderful family. Parents who love me and support every decision I make, even if I am afraid to disappoint them. My sisters, each one of them so different, yet, they teach me new things every single day. My brother, who will always be there for me; who is just as a "big brother" should be. My sister-in-law, of whom I get along with unbelievably well. And of course, my adorable little nephew, who brings a smile to my face every time I think of him. He teaches me the most, out of all. And now one more little one on the way, of whom I am looking forward to meeting and learning from as well.
After coming to Rexburg, I have learned what being a friend, and having friends is really like. I am so grateful for my "real friends", as I so fondly call them. Each of them unique. I could never list them, or define them perfectly, and never in the order of importance, because they are all of equal importance to me.
For Jo, who I can talk to about anything, and for hrs, about meaningless things. For "I Can Tell That We Are Gonna Be Friends"; I love listening to her sing, and hear her laugh because she thinks I am crazy for it. For taking me "under her wing", and getting me to try new things. For coming up with, along with Kori, if I say, "I don't know" it means "YES".
For Kori, the fact that we share our birthday, will always bind us, I am sure. For those little secrets we share. For being the person that she is, and I hope will never stop striving to be. For being the strong "tough girl". She makes me want to be better and stronger than I think that I can ever be.
For Mary, and her spunky, spontaneous spirit. For the wonderful insight and advice that she so freely gives. For being the "life of the party". For making me feel important, even though we don't know each other that well, yet.
For Brian, who is constantly pushing me towards getting my license. For helping me to finally understand that it is my life, and I have to take control. I am the only one who can make my life what it is meant to be. The way he thinks and analyzes almost every situation, makes me stop and think as well.
For Alex, who has taught me that the only person I should be worried about disappointing, is myself. For listening to me, even though he'd probably be happier doing something else. For 20 min talks, about stupid things, and repeated "guard tube" beatings. For letting me know, that even when I don't feel like it, I am important.
To all of them for making me smile, for making me laugh. For each of them being such great examples to me. I hope that I, in some small way, can only give back to them, what they have given me. Thank you all for everything.
Yes, that's right... I can finally post it on here... I am gonna be a "double aunt"! I am way excited! The day went wonderfully well. Good food, good company, good memories. Thanksgiving is such a great day. I really have a lot to be thankful for. Life is full of wonderful little presents, gifts as you might call them. Some of them are gigantic, and others are small, yet mean so much! Some, we can see, and look so beautiful all wrapped up, but for some reason, we can't open them, yet. The ones that I have received and opened so far are so dear to me.
Being Thanksgiving and all, I try reflect on all that I have been given. I have a wonderful family. Parents who love me and support every decision I make, even if I am afraid to disappoint them. My sisters, each one of them so different, yet, they teach me new things every single day. My brother, who will always be there for me; who is just as a "big brother" should be. My sister-in-law, of whom I get along with unbelievably well. And of course, my adorable little nephew, who brings a smile to my face every time I think of him. He teaches me the most, out of all. And now one more little one on the way, of whom I am looking forward to meeting and learning from as well.
After coming to Rexburg, I have learned what being a friend, and having friends is really like. I am so grateful for my "real friends", as I so fondly call them. Each of them unique. I could never list them, or define them perfectly, and never in the order of importance, because they are all of equal importance to me.
For Jo, who I can talk to about anything, and for hrs, about meaningless things. For "I Can Tell That We Are Gonna Be Friends"; I love listening to her sing, and hear her laugh because she thinks I am crazy for it. For taking me "under her wing", and getting me to try new things. For coming up with, along with Kori, if I say, "I don't know" it means "YES".
For Kori, the fact that we share our birthday, will always bind us, I am sure. For those little secrets we share. For being the person that she is, and I hope will never stop striving to be. For being the strong "tough girl". She makes me want to be better and stronger than I think that I can ever be.
For Mary, and her spunky, spontaneous spirit. For the wonderful insight and advice that she so freely gives. For being the "life of the party". For making me feel important, even though we don't know each other that well, yet.
For Brian, who is constantly pushing me towards getting my license. For helping me to finally understand that it is my life, and I have to take control. I am the only one who can make my life what it is meant to be. The way he thinks and analyzes almost every situation, makes me stop and think as well.
For Alex, who has taught me that the only person I should be worried about disappointing, is myself. For listening to me, even though he'd probably be happier doing something else. For 20 min talks, about stupid things, and repeated "guard tube" beatings. For letting me know, that even when I don't feel like it, I am important.
To all of them for making me smile, for making me laugh. For each of them being such great examples to me. I hope that I, in some small way, can only give back to them, what they have given me. Thank you all for everything.

4 Comments:
wow rach, that post was awesome! i mean, maybe because we all like hearing about ourselves..haha but really, thanks. i am glad you loved thanksgiving. its my favorite holiday. that and 4th of july, because those are the two days we celebrate our happiness. (freedom and thanks). :) love you
thanks Rachel, i agree with Mary... we all enjoy hearing about ourselves, lol. good luck with all you do and your plans the rest of the semester.
p.s. keep working on getting your license ;)
-Brian
aww rachel...that was probably the least selfish post I have ever heard. I always post all about me. And from reading everyone elses blog so do they. I'm glad we are considered your real friends. I'm also glad to hear you had a good turkey day.
love ya rachel! that was one of the best posts i've ever read, full of praises and kind thoughts to others. you made me feel happy!
Post a Comment
<< Home