Monday, April 30, 2007

I did it... and there is no going back!

For those of you who are complete idiots... lol... and couldn't tell that the girl with her face in the corner was me... well it is.. and I have cut my hair! I can't believe that I actually did it! But, I did! Randomly, I decided to chop it all off.. and when I say chop, that is precisly what my sister in law--Marie-- did! She literally split the hair into 3 seperate sections, and then hacked out the middle one first! There was obviously no going back so she kept cutting more and more. I think she cut off about 10 inches in all. It is the scariest, most daring thing that I have done in a long time! I think that last time that my hair was this short was over 6 yrs ago when my mom and I made a pact to not cut our hair--besides a much needed trim every once in a while-- until my brother came home from his mission. Ever since my hair has been way long. I think that I have only cut off 3 inches and that was the longest!





So sad story... my boss' mom died the other day... last week... I think Thursday or Friday... It's so sad. He knew that she was going to die--she had cancer, at 59-- but had anticipated another 6 weeks. It was sort of sudden. It is hitting him really hard. He came in the store today and he looked horrible--sad. I walked up to him, not really knowing what to say, so gave him my "cheesy grin" that I always give him and stood next to him for a second and then he gave me a one armed, little side hug--as he does all the time--only this time, I returned it, and I put my arm back around him. He asked how I was... The point of this is that I never know what to say to people in that type of situation. I mean, I have lost my grandma-- grandpa too-- on my mom's side, but cannot comprehend what it must feel like to lose my mom. I feel dumb telling people that I know what they are going through... I hated it when people said that over and over to me. I never felt like they really, truly knew. You know? I don't know... and plus, he's my boss... what do you tell your boss? That hug was a little awkward.. but we are friends... I didn't even think about it. Hmmm... thoughts bumping around in my head.... jumbled....





Well, I should go put some clothes on to go to FHE... should be an eventful night... here is a pic for your viewing pleasure as well as enjoyment... he is my FHE bro...

MWA!


2 Comments:

Blogger j:) said...

Rachel I think your hair looks really cute! It's a good length for your face. I never know what to say to people when they are going throught hard times either. I think you did the right thing. A little embrace to let him know you are there if he needs you and that you care.

Ok, what the heak!? THAT is you FHE brother? He looks like some model for stretchy pants or something. Is this the cute one you were telling me about? Why is he posing like that? I have to admit though, he is pretty good looking.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

weird pic...thanks for playing last night

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:BROKEN (by Lindsey Haun)

Music Video Code provided by Video Code Zone